What is gkSDR ? “yet another SDR software”. Initially released (last year) in french only, it is now available for english speakers.
Some of the features were developped with portable traffic in mind, like :
- Dual receiver software, to listen to two frequencies simultaneously, for example listen to beacon while calling CQ,
- Automatic scanning mode over the received band, with strongest stations report (to be sure not to miss the 3cm call while rotating your dish…)
- Replay mode for 2 or 5 seconds, when you missed your contact call (or uner high QRM conditions, rain scatter),
- See where you are on the map (if you have a gps), see terrain elevation,
- Embedded ADSB decoder (requires second SDR receiver), plots planes on the map while QSOing, good for plane scatter experiments,
- many more… check the software or look at screen shots below
As of version 0.18, the following hardware is supported :
- Perseus SDR,
- BladeRF (both FPGA sizes, HF upconverter not directly managed),
- SDRPlay under work,
- FUNCube / FUNCube pro,
- All RTL-SDR dongles, including E4000, 820, 820T2 etc.
- AirSpy with 2.5 or 10 MHz bandwidth,
- HackRF and clones.
Want a specific driver for your own hardware ? Contact me !
Download / Install
- Windows 32 Bits XP/7/8/10 : Download setup and follow instructions
- Windows 64 Bits 7/8/10 – For Intel CPU ONLY : Download setup and follow instructions -